Centre for European Studies of Yerevan State University starts call for applications for Regional Master’s Pogramme in Human Rights and Democratization in the Caucasus 2019/20.
The Application for the programme should be submitted online within indicated period. Alongside with the Application form, prospective students are required to submit necessary documents for application package. Before applying please make sure that you have prepared all necessary documents beforehand.
- Completed Application Form (online, available at: http://regionalmaster.net/application-form/ ) ;
- A full Curriculum Vita (Europass CV available at: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/EuropassCV/CVExamples.csp), and scanned copy of passport;
- Motivation Letter (max 450-600 words) either/or in English and Russian;
- Scholarship motivation letter (max. 500 words) either/or in English and Russian;
- Essay (min. 750-1000 words) on Human Rights and Democratization related topics (more detailed information concerning the essay topics and requirements can be found in the section “Essay“);
- Contact details for two nominees to provide Reference Letters (one from academia, and one from a current or former employer, if the applicant has work experience);
- Scanned University Diploma or Diplomas (please not in specific cases, postgraduate department might require translation of the documents into Armenian, about which applicants will be notified in advance);
- Academic Transcripts (please not in specific cases, postgraduate department might require translation of the documents into Armenian, about which applicants will be notified in advance).
Additionally, those who have taken English language proficiency tests may indicate the score and include Certificate(s)
- English Proficiency Test Score- TOEFL (PBT 525-600; IBT 75-95) or IELTS (6.0-7.0)*
*The consortium reserves the right to request evidence of English language proficiency
How to apply
The applicant needs to:
- Fill in the online application form
- Upload CV, Motivation Letters, Essay, contact details of 2 people who can provide reference letters, copies of scanned university diploma/diplomas, university transcripts and English Language Proficiency Test Score (Optional)
Upon successful submission of the application, confirmation letter will be sent to an e-mail address indicated in the application.
The Enrollment shall be undertaken in 3 stages:
- Stage 1– Submission of Application and Required Documents -May 15, 2019 – June 30, 2019
- Stage 2– Evaluation of applications and interviews with shortlisted candidates – July 3-25, 2019*
- Stage 3– Official Invitation – end of July – August 10, 2019
We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
* Please note that interviews with applicants from target counties might take place in their countries or via Skype interviews. In case if applicant is unable to participate in an interview, a phone call can be arranged. If a shortlisted applicant is outside of their country, additional Skype interview might be organized.
A selection panel will review all applications and evaluate them against the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit (Educational background, CV)
- Motivation: Interest in human rights and democratization issues
- Experience in relevant fields.
- Commitment to idea of voluntarism and social involvement
- Provided written paper
All successful candidates will be shortlisted and invited for interviews.