Centre for European Studies of Yerevan State University starts the call for applications for Regional Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratization in the Caucasus 2023/24.
The Application for the programme should be submitted online within the indicated period. Alongside with the Application form, prospective students are required to submit necessary documents for the application package. Before applying please make sure that you have prepared all necessary documents in advance.
- Completed Application Form (online, available at http://regionalmaster.net/application-form/) ;
- A Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages);
- Scanned copy of passport;
- Motivation Letter (max 450-600 words) either/or in English and Russian;
- Scholarship motivation letter (max. 500 words) either/or in English and Russian;
- Thesis proposal OR Essay (min. 750-1000 words) on Human Rights and Democratization related topics (more detailed information concerning the for thesis proposal or essay topics and requirements can be found in the section “Written Sample“);
- Contact details for two nominees to provide Reference Letters (one from academia, and one from a current or former employer, if the applicant has work experience);
- Scanned University Diploma/s (NB! the Department of graduate studies reserves the right to request translation of the documents into Armenian/English, about which applicants will be notified in advance);
- Scanned Academic Transcript/s (NB! the Department of graduate studies reserves the right to request translation of the documents into Armenian/English, about which applicants will be notified in advance).
Additionally, those who have taken English language proficiency tests may indicate the score and include Certificate(s)
- English Proficiency Test Score- TOEFL (IBT 90-100) or IELTS (6.5-7.0)*
*The consortium reserves the right to request evidence of English language proficiency
Please note that in case of admission, ALL international students will be required to send:
- The copy of the last graduation diploma with grades with APOSTILLE or Consular legalization. The Armenian or English or Russian translation of the copy of the graduation diploma should be certified by the notary. In case if Diploma and Transcript contain descriptions in English and/or Russian, translation is not required
- A statement from National Information Center for Academic Recognition and Mobility (ARMENIC) about recognition of foreign qualification
- Medical certificate about health status (due to COVID19 the information about Medical certificate content and requirements will be provided later).
- Other documents upon request
To ensure that all documents are provided on time, it is suggested to start the process as soon as possible.
How to apply
The applicant needs to:
- Fill in the online application form
- Upload CV, Motivation Letters, Essay, contact details of 2 people who can provide reference letters, copies of scanned university diploma/diplomas, university transcripts and English Language Proficiency Test Score (Optional)
Upon successful submission of the application, a confirmation letter will be sent to an e-mail address indicated in the application.
The Enrollment shall be undertaken in 3 stages:
- Stage 1– Submission of Application and Required Documents -May 15, 2023 – July 23, 2023 (first round)
- Stage 2 – Submission of Application and Required Documents – July 25, 2023 – August 15 (second round round)
- Stage 3– Evaluation of applications and interviews with shortlisted candidates – July 17- August 25, 2023*
- Stage 4– Official Invitation – by mid- August, 2023 (first round) and by August 25 (second round)
We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
* Please note that interviews with applicants from target counties might happen in a face-to-face format or via Zoom.
The programme is committed to equality of opportunity and makes the selection of applicants without any prejudice or discrimination on the grounds of gender, marital or parental status, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. The primary consideration of the selection committee is the applicant’s motivation and ability to meet the selection criteria for each spot. A selection panel will review all applications and evaluate them against the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit (Educational background, CV)
- Motivation: Interest in human rights and democratisation issues
- Experience in relevant fields.
- Commitment to the idea of voluntarism and social involvement
- Provided written paper